Followers

Saturday, August 5, 2017

A Card for Teacher

Hi everyone! It's Sandie here today with a card for a Teacher. It could also be a Thank You card for someone who is not a teacher. The stamps is What a Hoot from Woodware. 


I stamped out my image onto Perfect Colouring Paper using Memento black ink. 


On this stamp I applied my colours dark to light. I started with E27


Next I added E25


and finally, E23. I went back in with each of the colours until I was happy with it. 


For the bottom part of the owl, I used E40's, again working from dark to light
I applied some E43 around the edges


Next, E42


and then E41. Once I had this part blended, I applied more E43 on the edges to give it some depth. 


On the beak, I applied some E43


I applied some N5 to towards the bottom, and blended it out with with the E43 and the around the edges of the beak, I used E41


On the branch I used, E21, E33, E35


For the eyes I used Y13, Y15, Y17. Starting with the Y17 I did a thick line around the outside edge. 


I used the Y15 to drag out the Y17 and left some white space around the pupils of the eye. 


I blended the eyes with Y13 and brought the colour right into the middle. 


Finally, for the leaves I used YG03, YG25, YG63


This is my little owl completed. Before adding him to the card I applied some white gel pen to the eyes and around the body. 


Thanks for looking!
Sandie

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

Great card and nice tutorial regarding the colouring x