Followers

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

New baby in town - Vicente!



Hello everyone, it's Sandra from Portugal!

So this is happening: I am going to be an auntie, again! J
Vicente will arrive in less than a month and I prepared this postcard as a welcome gift for him and his parents, using a digi from Little Miss Muffet – "baby sent from above".

Because I am remodelling my craft room (again, it’s a never ending story), I couldn’t find any paper that would match the image nicely, so I decided to create a cloudy blackround using Copic Various Ink BG70. It’s really fun and easy to do.

First, I printed the digi on some masking paper from Inkadinkadoo and fussy cut the star and the basket with the baby and teddy. I placed those items over the card’s image to protect it. Then I die cut some clouds using  Kaisercraft’s “Decorative Clouds” die, but you can cut and create your own clouds! 



I then placed some BG70 ink on a craft mat, grabbed it with a makeup sponge and daubed it around a cloud over the card. I repeated along the card using differente sized clouds and different placements. This is the finished background:



This card was really quick to do. I coloured the big star with Y02/04/06/08:



To colour the basket, I used E31/33 and 35.
It’s difficult to properly shade the basket without colouring the stars’ strings as well. No worries, I just coloured it and then I used the “magic” colourless blender to push some ink away and prepare it to be coloured in a different colour. I forgot to take the photo before I started colouring the strings, sorry.



I then coloured the strings with E81/84/87. And the stars using Y02/04/06/08 again.


I added the string's cast shadows with E35, after mapping them with E33:



Vicente is a portuguese boy’s name, my sister-in-law is welcoming a boy so I decided to colour the teddy in blue tones: B41/45. And I coloured the baby’s pyjamas and teddy’s bow in G09/12/14.



For the baby’s skin I chose peachy colours: YR000/01, E01 and E93 (cheeks).



I trimmed the card and framed it using a patterned paper from DCWV’s Nana’s Nursery collection, and some blue cardstock from Bazzill.




Well it looks pretty flat, doesn’t it? Wait, there is still one thing missing: a layered big star to add some dimension to the card. I printed one more image, coloured and fussy cut the star then glued it to the card using foam squares. 



It looks better now, don’t you agree?

Here is a list of all the Copic material used:

Sky: BG70 Various Ink
Stars: Y02/04/06/08
Pajamas: G09/12/14
Teddy: B41/45
Basket: E31/33 and 35
Basket rings: T1/3/5
Strings: E81/84/87
Skin: YR000/01, E01 and E93 (cheeks)


Hugs,

Sandra

No comments: