Followers

Saturday, April 27, 2013

a birthday card

Hello dear Copic lovers!
It's Kathrin here today sharing a new card with you.
Actually this is a special card to me - it was the birthday card I made for one of my twin girls 12th birthday which we celebrated last friday... I let her twin sister pick the stamp since still most of my supplies are packed away and so I was very limited in what to use. LOL


So she picked this one - knowing her sister and her sweet tooth very well. LOL
But Tilda is just the cutest and her 3 layer cake looks really yummy!

This is  a close up of the image:


The trousers were quite a challenge to color - I wasn't sure if I should follow the checked pattern. If you take a close look I started with filling in one square with blue and leaving the next one plain but it didn't work out from how the pattern is drawn. At the end I was really happy with how they turned out and how you can still see the few squares I colored in blue.
The hair has been colored using little dots to keep the structure of the locks.

I went with these colors:
skin: E13, E11, E51, E30, E000
cheaks: R22, R20
hat, shirt: C8, C5, C1
trousers: B93, B91, C8, C5, C1
shoes: E37, E35, E31, E30
hair, cake: E99, YR24, Y21, Y11, Y000
heart: R59, R85, R81

Have a lovely weekend everyone!


4 comments:

Franz♥ said...

Totally adorable Kathrin! Fab colouring and super sweet card :) What a lovely thing that every sister chose the image for the other twin, you had a so lovely idea!

Hugs (and Happy Birthday to your daughters!), Franz.

Marian said...

Prachtige kaart
Groetjes

Mojca said...

Waw this is so gorgeous. The layout is so pretty and Tilda looks just gorgeous. hugs! Mojca

Ellen Taylor said...

Top drawer coloring!!!